Jacquelyn Svitek, Occupational Therapist
- Jackie has worked in pediatrics for 16 years with extensive experience in pediatric practice, school system and community based settings which have enabled her to have a unique perspective for both the children and the families she helps. She has a Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy from Duquesne University and has always been drawn to helping children function in their own day to day routine. Jackie has been trained in S.O.S. Approach to Feeding, Handwriting without tears and the ALERT program. Her approach to the family with children with developmental delays is to collaborate with family and therapists to come up with unique and effective therapies for the child. This support, ensuring that parents are a part of the team, is her recipe to figure out the best strategy for each child.
- FAMILY COMMENTS:
- “Great therapist – attentive and patient.”
- “We want to thank you so much for all of your help. It has been a wonderful experience. We have learned so much from your aide. Thank you for all of your support and dedication with our son. He has made great strides and we are grateful to have you as his therapist.”
- “Jackie was a great asset to our child’s development. We were very happy to have her as our therapist and will miss our weekly sessions with her.”
- Jackie’s Early Intervention Reward: “I really enjoy the chance to be in the child’s natural environment and the opportunity to work directly with the families as team members and partners in their child’s therapy”