Meal-time and Bed-time – teli Quick Tips
- Suggest that your child be a helper before meal-time. Setting the table with silverware can be accomplished as early as two years old. Parents can practice direction following and labeling objects while assisting the child.
- Establish expectations for meal-time:
- Use a timer if children have hard time sitting at the table and praise all attempts at staying in their seat.
- Encourage children to try new foods. Don’t force children to try, but be consistent about offering new foods again at other times.
- Follow a bed-time routine for a smooth transition to sleep. Bed-time may include:
- Settle down after dinner
- Brush Teeth
- Bed-time story
- Hugs and kisses and say “Goodnight”
- Leave the Room
- Don’t hesitate to ask for advice if you are experiencing problems at home with routines.
Compliments of teli’s Ann Logoyda, Licensed Clinical Social Worker